Mar 12, 2012

Dealing with Hagalaz

The rune of Hagalaz is a fascinating one! There is perhaps just one rune, with this resembling the alphabet H, there is lots to be said about it. For starters, it is a rune signifying disruption or change. There is a sense of patterns breaking down, some new unstoppable changes blowing over, while you're still protected.


What this rune perhaps teaches one, is somewhat unclear to me. I drew it when I was feeling a little hesitant in the morning, but then the full meaning of the rune may get clearer during the course of the day.

However, the rune does also suggest cleansing of some kind, it can be external or internal. Whether or not that happens, it may be subtle or strong, I cannot say.

My observation for my own self is somewhat basic. I cannot simply link the reading with the day's progression. Usually, the runes are meditative tools. And, the attempt to understand may take much longer than one expects.

A setback is also indicated in some places, but fingers crossed!

Never shy away from challenges
as they strengthen and teach you
throughout your life. (http://elderfutharkrunes.blogspot.in/2010/11/hagalaz.html)

It also suggests that some form of external happening may prove to be life changing or just a setback to teach a greater lesson.

No comments: