Jun 6, 2008

ain't no sunshine

Warning: It maybe so that you may find this a nauseatingly nostalgic self-obsessed account


I can hear the whole class singing loudly even today, 'blu blu sky..o i can see the sky.' and this one line was my favourite. It reminded me that I could look and see how beautiful the sky looked. As simple and innocent it sounds, the line made me think there was more to life than just school walls. I can see the sky, affirm my belief there was hope outside those walls.

I was a reserved kid back in school, and I loved to imagine, like every other child that sky was big enough, generous enough to be there whenever I looked up! I would wait for the skies to open up after rains. To me, it was a moment of huge disappointment to see the shadow of black up there and I hoped the sky would show that it was still blue.

From the mindset of a colour blue to the genre blue, and the mood blue, the colour blue on the walls in my room..?? That's it, isn't it?


It seems bell has rung,
room is ablaze with hands lighting up
monologues and dialogues
moments of quiet
forgotten questions and puzzles
walking back on cropped grass
watching little drops dance
counting squares
thinking open windows
scratching sills
lost in a world of golden afternoons
school of dreams

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

the color blue somehow doesnt match the genre blue. "blues" the musical style is lamentatious. "blue" the mood is plain morose.

but the blue of the sky is a blue of cheer, hope, & possibility.

Black is back said...

it's not how different it is, it's how i have really liked all of those mentioned above..plus..u don colour ur walls cos u r morose..u like the genre blues for its own sake..u r blue sometimes (which was just for effect)